www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Landmarks
I figure that as soon as the beaches are cleaned up and my money situation improves, I'll be heading back to Gulf Shores. When I hit this sign, I'll know I'm almost there. It's intriguing how the deeper you get into the state of Mississippi the more voodooish the names of the towns become. It's a loooooong way from Tupelo to Bucatunna. Watch out for that I-65 snafu in Mobile :)

I've always wanted to experience the beach, not in the middle of the summer tourist season but with a sweater, perhaps. Way after hurricanes are a memory and the summer help is back in high school. In my imagination, it would be a quiet place inhabited not by Chevy Chase family vacation types, but the devoted ones who walk the surf and enjoy the moments without a thought of gettin' a tan.

Of course, if I had a boat it would be different.



The water is wide
I can't cross over
And neither have I wings to fly
Build me a boat
That can carry two
And both shall row
My love and I

There is a ship
And she sails the sea
She's loaded deep
As deep can be
But not so deep
As the love I'm in
I know not how I sink or swim

Oh love is handsome
And love is fine
The sweetest flower
When first it's new
But love grows old
And waxes cold
And fades away
Like Summer dew

Build me a boatThat can carry two
And both shall row
My love and I
And both shall row, My love and I


^j^









<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals