www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
If only I'd known.......
Well, if I’d know back then what I know now, these are just a few of the things I would have done differently.

I would have married for love and not out of guilt. The end result might have been the same, but at least it would have been for the right reason.

I definitely would’ve been home when the babybird was sick instead of being loyal to compani(es) that never cared whether I lived or died as long as I exceeded production.

Back when I had $$, I would have gotten a massage when I needed it and taken a vacation or just bought something new to wear. I’d have gone OUT to eat instead of slaving over the stove.

I would have said “I love you” when I felt it and not been afraid.

There are many things that I’m glad that I did, and I’m thankful for those.

I gave birth to an awesome kid who remains my best friend. I grew up on a farm and she experienced the same joys. Cows, horses, dogs, birds, cats, possums, squirrels, deer, bobcats, coyotes, gardens, river, woods. Ducks and doves too. Plus an occasional wild turkey. We both have a heritage and history thanks to the Big Guy.

I did God’s work with the sick and dying and least of these when I could have just stayed within my “job description” and avoided the pain involved with loving and letting go.

I found the courage to end what was not good for me and to endure the transition period toward what IS good. I made many mistakes learning what actually is good for me….like BIG {hugs} and honesty. Like southern humor and tradition. Like family and friends and strength of character. Like silence and communion and centering down.

I discovered the joys of reading whether it’s a newspaper or a novel or a magazine like Cosmo. I learned to write my thoughts in a way that others find amusing or comforting.

I embraced opportunities at a moment’s notice that resulted in blessings beyond belief. Like Faith. I realized, after 35 years of being “churched” what Christ did for me, and I wept. I lived my life differently from that point on.

Future plans

Road trips. Books to write. True love, no fear. Grandchildren. Great grandchildren.
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Sleeping with the dawg. One day at a time.


Keepin’ the faith. ^j^

























<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals