www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
The Mite Box
Mine is so tiny and so inviting. It was crafted from wooden beams that supported the choirs of my lifelong United Methodist Church. When the loft was removed and the choir moved closer to the congregation one of our local woodworkers took to the task of making treasure out of scraps of the past, initialled and numbered and all.

There is a reference there, I feel sure...to the biblical story in Luke of the widow that gave all she had. For many years I was faithful in my giving...not monetarily, but of my service and my talents and in my book, that was all the same. The alto section was never alone as long as me and Donna were there.

I don't remember exactly what happened. I just one day got too tired to serve or to rejoice or anything else. Life became too much for me, and I gave up and crawled into my jammies in between working for peanuts and juggling the details of being a grown up. Other altos heard the call and sang their hearts out....still do.

Somewhere along the way, I found the will to write. Occasionally it's funny shit and other times it's just plain yadayadayada. But it's my soul , and there are those who understand that.
I know that God does.

In my own little way, I reckon it's my prayer. I don't always do it in the right order of thanksgiving,petition, etc....but I do it with a heartfelt honesty.

And God's NOSE ! I'm glad Lauren is herself again.

Y'all keep the faith. ^j^







<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals