www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Preachin' to the choir
About 6 or 7 years ago when I was a frustrated Sunday School teacher to 16 year olds, we got ambitious and took a road trip on Easter. I got the keys to the church van and we headed to the cemetary.

The point? He is not here.....He is risen. We landed on my Mom's family plot and sat on the grass and talked about death and Jesus and all that. Then we went back to the church and listened to the awesome music and pomp and circumstance of the day.

This was a group of kids who had caused countless others to lose their religion. They were obnoxious, no doubt. Mostly I think they just wanted somebody to do something besides quote scripture. You know...somebody who felt their pain and walked their walk.

Even now, at the age of 20 or 21, I think that's still what they're lookin' for. I reckon that's all any of us can ask for. Helps us to keep the faith. ^j^

<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals