www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Poor Terri
This makes me so terribly sad. Not because at this minute in time the way has been cleared ONCE AGAIN for heroic measures to be discontinued, but because her parents are willing to cart her "persistently vegetative" state all the way to Washington as an exhibit to a meddling Congress.
Hell hath no fury like self righteousness on a mission.


Rep. Henry Waxman of California, senior Democrat on the Government Reform Committee, called the subpoenas a "flagrant abuse of power" and amounted to Congress dictating the medical care Terri Schiavo should receive.
"Congress is turning the Schiavo family's personal tragedy into a national political farce," Waxman said.


I do not proclaim to know what is the right thing to do in this case. I learned long ago that just as soon as you say "I would..." you're faced with a comparable decision that is never as easy or crystal clear as you would have thought.

I do know, however, that if somebody who claimed to love me hauled me to Washington and showed me off to Congress like they want to do, I'd haunt 'em forever.

My prayer for Terri is not for a specific outcome to this circus. It is for some kind of peace for her tortured soul that might be brought about if her case became less of a legal fight and more of a moral and ethical decision making process with HER well being at the center.

^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals