www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Back in the Day
Once upon a time I felt froggy and did a reformat on the hard drive of my first non-hand-me-down pc. In spite of the ease of hittin' that key to wipe it clean and the tedium of reinstalling every bit of software, that was a piece of cake compared to trying to wipe out the spy-ad-worm-virus infested Dell of my daughter this afternoon. I'm a stubborn broad, but not that stubborn. My next b'friend will either be a computer wizard or a sugar daddy who can afford to have it done FOR me.
Actually, I think I'll be a Mac geek next time around.

~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to Chuck, the new owner of RuralRoot . This particular online biz was born and raised in Dyersburg, traveled to Virginia and has landed back at its' birthplace.

~~~~~~~~~

I'm filling up a basket of stuff to iron and that made me think about using a coke bottle with a sprinkler top to wet the clothes before ironing. Prior to the steam iron and spray starch, that was about the easiest way to get the job done. I do so hate to iron. Sugar Daddy better shell out for some wash'n'wear or else make friends with the neighborhood cleaners.

~~~~~~~~~

I was the runner up in the county spelling bee when I was in sixth grade. *stop snickering a..hole* It was a big deal, okay? Got my picture in the paper and everything. Years later, I was a willing victim in a charity ADULT spelling bee for several years running. I never got any closer than 3rd place, but I got a nice electric grill out of the deal.

~~~~~~~~~

Around the time I was spelling bee almost-champ, I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. I idolized those folks in the space program of the 60's....wrote 'em all letters and they usually wrote back. Oh yeah....so did Queen Elizabeth. Or one of her maidens in waiting. I hate flying now so I guess it's best I didn't pursue that career objective.

~~~~~~~~~~

One of my grandmas was a rich lady and she promised to take me to Europe when I graduated from High School. By the time I got there all the money was gone. I probably would've been scared to fly anyway, knowing how I am. I loved her to this day just for having that dream for me.

~~~~~~~~~

Of all the kazillion pets I've ever had, I think I missed Nosey the beagle most of all. I was playing in the ditch the day she got run over laying right smack in the middle of the road and I saw it all. We also had a cat named Marbles and a crow named Joe. Don't even get me started, or I'll tell you about getting flogged by the chickens. Babygirl has a collage of all her pets, dead or alive, that I made for her.

~~~~~~~~~

My elementary school principal said he knew from the get go that I was really smart. That explained why every time he walked by my class he found me staring out the window at what was OUTSIDE. I never knew my IQ for sure. I'm quite certain it ain't what it used to be.

Back in the day. ^j^

Note:
apologies to Lightning Bugs Butt" and Old Horsetail Snake for borrowing their styles for a day. I'll get back to the whiney mode soon enough.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals