www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
....and the horse you rode in on
I've had two days off and have accomplished exactly ~ zilch ~ other than pullin' some weeds and rearranging the bills on my kitchen table. Most of my time has been spent seeing the light of my situation.

Here's the deal, short version. Almost twenty eight years of busting my ass in healthcare has landed me right where I started. I don't take call anymore, which is a blessing. But they also don't pay me what I'm worth ( cliche, I know ) and my loyalty and devotion to my co-workers and patients is rewarded with a cold hamburger and a plastic flashlight. When they're feeling generous, I get a t-shirt. If not, well. I get a screaming kid kicking me in the shins or a drunk/pscyho trying to punch me out. Let's not forget the egotistical doctors who love to shove everybody around so they can feel big. It's a thrill a minute.

There is more to life than barely making a living as a "professional". Neither of my brothers went to college that first day, yet both are happier and more content than Poopie because they have followed their dreams and listened to their hearts while I took the habitual road that has led nowhere career wise.

I'm not whining. Honest. I'm just takin' stock and building up the courage to do something different. It's been twenty eight years of the big fish eating the little fish while Poopie ranted and saw no difference for the rant, except for higher BP and lower self esteem plus lots of sicknesses coughed on me full face, droplet wise.

Next chapter? I don't have a clue. I'm just listening for the Big Guy to tell me what's up.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals