www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
The good old (almost)? summertime
There's this joke that floats into my in-box now and then entitled "You Know You Live in Tennessee When..." One of the punch lines is about turning on the heat and the AC in the same day. This ain't much of a stretch, folks. There was a light freeze a week or so ago, and today the temp hit 90. NINETY. Factor in the humidity and you've got yourself a nice muggy mid-summer day, only the first day of summer is still over a month away! How dare the weather not go by the calendar. Nobody's even got their pool open yet..gah.

Kudzu and Virginia creeper are lovin' the heat and taking over every spare inch of ground and tree space. The pecan trees that line our little country lane have big old ropes of creeper swinging in the wind. There was a nice breeze at my brother's "second home" down towards the mighty Mississippi this evening when he fried up some crappie filets and trimmings for me and my parents. YUM. Made even better by eating on the picnic table.

I'm thinking maybe I fried my muse's brain last week with all that Mother's Day posting. I'm about as worthless right now in the writing department as you-know-whats on a boar hog :) I get a bonus day off tomorrow so maybe something will come to me.

Y'all keep the faith. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals