www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
If anybody has ever bothered to read my self-description over there on the right, you will notice that I mention a fear of snakes. I'm not talkin' about just a little "Gee, I'd prefer not to run into a snake" state of mind. I am CONSTANTLY on the lookout for Mr. Snake underfoot when I'm out rambling in the yard or woods. When weeding flower beds, I carefully part the greenery to avoid grabbing ahold of the evil one that I cannot see.

Such was the case today as I was doing a way overdue weed pulling in the shade garden under the pine trees. Imagine my sheer delight when I stood up and came face to face with the above pictured sweetie pie wrapped around the branches of the redbud tree. YIKES. He was right at eye level with those beady little eyes staring out of that nasty little head straight at me!

Self: You are a grown woman...it's just a little snake.
Poopie: LITTLE! That snake is 4 feet long!!
Self: Time for a little aversion therapy, hon. Stand there and stare him down.
Poopie: I hate you when you're rational, self.
Self: Look at how he's stretching his slimy little body up from one branch to reach the next one.
Poopie: EWWWWWWWWWWW
Self: Watch as he moves higher up in the tree so he can take a big long dive right into your flower bed!
Poopie: *sigh* Put a muzzle on it, self. I'm outta here for a beer.

*******************************


Speaking of snakes Old Horsetail Snake has dumped my Mother's day gift off in the form of a poetic little meme that goes like this: Turd in a punch bowl are the 1st and 3rd lines, you make up the 2nd and 4th lines and they have to rhyme.

His was:
Turd in a punch bowl,
It resembles Ol' Hoss
Turd in a punch bowl,
Drowned. It's not a big loss.

He thinks I'm a good sport and all, so I don't want to disappoint.

Turd in a punch bowl,
Who dropped it there?
Turd in a punch bowl,
Drink if you dare.

The taggin' part is easy this time: I figure Lightning Bugs Butt , Ben and Dayna will find this right up their alley, humor wise. Ya'll are officially turd tagged. No haiku allowed.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals