www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Living Vicariously
The great sarcastic wit of Bennet turned touchy feely today as he pondered his love-hate relationship with blogging. ( I love it when he and Bugs Butt ponder.) The feelings he expresses are some that I have seen quite frequently of late as I wander through the blogosphere. ( sorry Hoss , "pieceosphere" )

Some people may live and breathe for the chance to blog. Bennet compares it to his "addiction" to chat in earlier years. I have read that analogy more than once. I have seen spirits crushed because of anonymous nasty comments or failure to "blogroll me". It can be like a dang popularity contest if you let it be. Are we in the 8th grade or WHAT??

This makes me think. Why do I continue to blog? Here's one of the few lists you will ever see old Poopie make.

To blog is to create: I am a writer at heart. Words are my gift to others, whether written or spoken. Left unsaid or unwritten, they burn a hole in the soul of the silent one.

Therapy is expensive: and not in the budget of a middle aged single gal without a Sugar Daddy. I find that the daily laughs, tears and food for thought that I experience while blogging tend to make me examine myself more closely and
step a bit more lightly. Not to mention it's a wonderful opportunity to whine.

It's a small world: Friendship is a precious thing, no matter what its' origin. Relatives have to love you....friends CHOOSE to. That affirmation of self worth can mean more than any legal or blood relationship around. Reading the opinions and beliefs of others expands my own horizons and gives me a greater sense of what the world is like outside of mainstream media and politics.

Cheers: Sometimes you just need to go where "everybody knows your name".

Blog-Harmony: Hey, it's a great way to meet men you didn't go to high school with!

It makes ya think: 'Nuf said. Y'all keep the faith.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals