www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
M is for meeting
..and what could be better than TWO on a Monday? I'll tell you what! Finally biting the bullet and gettin' some dang Prem Pro..that's what! My elder :) friends tell me I'll be a new woman in no time. I sure as heck hope so. 'Nuf said. I'll keep you posted on my progress out of the pits of hell.

My cousin called a bit ago with a dilemma. You see, she's in a living arrangement that might not suit her mother very well, yet she is happier than she's ever been in her life. I'm only a year older than her, but she called me looking for "older and wiser" advice. Humph. I told her straight up that I wasn't THAT much older, but was soooo very much wiser. On a good day.

Anyways....the conversation got me to thinkin' about how even as adults, and I'm talking full grown ones, we seek our parents' approval for our actions like little kids. I think the middle aged years are all about the reconciliation that comes as part of shifting from the child mode with parents to becoming their caretakers and friends. It is a unique opportunity to heal the wounds of the past and work on a new and different kind of relationship with the ones who raised you and know you best.

Parents are not perfect and the wise ones don't try to be. They share their weaknesses with their kids just as often as they exert their control and power during the development of their children's lives. Roles switch naturally when the time comes IF that middle aged child is humble enough to say "This is who I am ( no justification..)

I figured that by now I would have someone to share my life with in the ways I've always dreamed about, including the family stuff. That hasn't been the case and sometimes I wonder where it all go. Mostly I just wonder how to keep the bills paid on my own and keep the dream alive.

Cuz told me that she is enjoying, for the first time ever, the feeling of being cared for....TRULY cared for, without legal obligation or baggage.

Older and wiser Poopie told her to go for it. After all, life is short and Moms end up loving you anyway.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals