www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Merry Memorial Day
Par for the course around here, my Christmas cactus is confused as hell. Normally it blooms around Thanksgiving, which is premature but close. I must say that an early summer blooming is out of the ordinary. Must be the perfect weather conditions since I kicked it out on the porch a couple of months ago.

I just love holidays. I work about half of 'em but it's still a different kind of atmosphere, even at the sawmill with the restless natives. It's a great excuse to cook good food and celebrate another year in paradise.

I've got some tablecloths I inherited from my grandma that make me smile every time I iron 'em and set the table. My favorite is the battenburg lace one that requires a hot iron to be presentable. There are others in the trousseau of BabyGirl, along with some china and crystal.

That's about all I have to give her....the legacy of family and the fierce love of a Mom who did the best she could with what she had.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals