www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Same poop....
different day. I worked this weekend and was covered UP most of the time. Where do all these sick people come from anyways? The highlight of the weekend was this umm, shall we say "tribe" of women and children ( about 10 or 15, at least ) all sitting in a circle outside the building smoking and bitchin'. At each other. At people on cellphones. At the kids. At life in general. Every one of 'em had at least one tatoo, several had multiples. ( We ain't talkin' cute little butterflies folks,or even MOM ) Imagine the cousin-wives of a herd of Hell's Angels and you got the picture. Not a shoe to be found on any foot in the circle :) I'm not makin' fun though. That's not NICE. Last word I got from a co-worker was that the "natives are gettin' restless out there". We are sooooo easily entertained. That even topped this week's fire drill!

Out in the yard, I've got tomato plants blooming and staked. There's a bird nest in progress in the hanging basket of petunias right by the front door. This should be interesting considering the two cats and two dogs that reside here. I just hope a damn snake doesn't slither up to it. I'd have to lay down and die right then and there. "Here lies Poopie. Dropped dead from fear of snakes." Y'all put that on my tombstone, along with "Died as a Born Again Virgin."

I see in the news that we are still throwing gas on that fire over in Iraq and the casualties continue to mount. I read today a piece about the number of Arabic translators who have been mutilated and murdered just for aiding our country ( for $$ of course). Approximately 40% of the translators for that gig on the payroll of one particular company are dead. While searching the world for a new and exciting job, I don't think I'll consider that one. I don't look good without a head.

I am quite excited to see the number of politicians who are putting up their own blogs. One of the coolest I've seen is by John Jay Hooker , an old-timer in Tennessee politics. Michael Silence did a piece today in the Knoxville News Sentinel about blogging being the "new front porch". It's a good read about Tennessee bloggers and the whole blog phenomena. (registration required)

Okay now. I've used the word blog about a kazillion times, so Hoss is gonna send me straight to the naughty corner for time out. Since Miss Scarlett has mysteriously disappeared, maybe I can take her place as resident redneck 'til she returns. Cuz I just KNOW she will.

Keep the faith kids. Poopie's watchin'{desperate housewives}and y'all.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals