www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Dear boys
I don't understand the game, y'all. Or perhaps I'm just too content with who I am to play it. Then again, maybe I'm afraid of having my heart handed back to me one more time politely and neatly in the "gee you're a SWELL friend/co-worker/person in my life" fashion.

I do appreciate those sentiments guys, honestly. It is what's built my self-esteem to the towering level at which it stands now. But hey...I'm 49 years old and single and that dog don't hunt for a princess in search of the magic she's never known but still believes in.

I'll drink beer with you and burp like you and even tell you straight up what's on my mind ,if I think you can handle it. If not, well I just keep my mouth shut....or try to, anyway. I ask you to respect me for the effort, even when you don't agree with what I say. Your victories and sorrows are mine too, so excuse me when the tears spill out and define me as the human that I am. Not weak or manipulative or even hormonal. Just real.

What you see is what you get, and you can believe it when I surmise that you've not known many others like me. I simply don't know how to play. The rules become much simpler when dealing with a woman like me. There is no wondering or second guessing my motives. The words that I speak or write are from a soul that has been to hell and back and still manages to whisper and smile and enjoy the day because you are a part of it.

I used to try too hard. Transparency can be both a curse and a blessing, especially in a world filled with players and emotional cripples. There is an entire industry built on the rules and regs of "catching" the man of your dreams. "Don't return the calls or emails too soon." "Remain elusive so that the hunter can catch his prey." "He's just NOT that into you." 49.95 plus tax

These days I don't try at all. I just trust the Big Guy to tell me when to show up. Nine times out of ten the legs haven't been shaved and the hair is a mess. But ya know....that's just who I am, simplicity and all. Take it or leave it. Just be very gentle with it.

Cuz we're all keepin' the faith.
you've got mail
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals