www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
Flight Training
I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms
If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it ....

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
(Oh) I believe I can fly

R.Kelly


Mama mockingbird is yappin' her birdie head like a drill sargeant out on the front porch trying to coax the babies out of the nest and into the air. She'll perch on the swing and screech out directions to them, then fly away in demonstration to the novices. It's such a typical parental scenario....and the original meaning of "empty nest" no doubt.

I know that feeling now, like so many other parents before me. While it took a bit of getting used to, I enjoy having my life to myself and I know that my BabyGirl couldn't be any happier than with the young man who adores her. I spent 20 full years teaching her to spread her wings and watch out for the perils and dangers, and now she's on her own to learn a flight plan that is distinctly hers. I gave it all I had, and that is all any mom can do.

So...what now? It's time for Poopie to change course and grow some wings herself. Many days I feel like those baby birds peering out from the safety of the nest into the big old world. I've been Mom for so long to so many that it's difficult to shift into another role full-time. But I will try, and I will give myself as much as I gave her for all those years. Because now it's my turn. And I'm ready.

Congratulations to Steel Cowboy and Cheri . His romantic self popped the question with a ring while they were watching fireworks...sigh ;) Go wish 'em all the best in their new life.

Y'all be careful and kind out there. And always keep the faith. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals