www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
outta' the box
I've always been fascinated with old things. Antiques and relics seem to have much more character than newly bought finery. Perhaps I should have become an anthropologist rather than a dependable little healthcare provider. In some ways, I've been both.

In my younger years, I felt inclined to collect something. The thing that I collected was boxes of all shapes and kinds. It solved the dilemma of what to give Poopie for years. They're mostly in boxes themselves now, waiting for the mother of all yard sales. I had a fascination with containers with lids to hide stuff, and the prettier and more character, the more I cherished them. They collect dust though, as all knick knacks do. I'm enough of a Pandora to believe that one of these days I'll open up something that overwhelms me and gives me direction. So far, it's been safety pins and old Christmas tree bulbs.

I will never forget the CFO at the day job who allowed me my dream, if only for a few short months. He knew that in the grand scheme of things what I wanted to try was not do-able but not too much of a financial loss. He let me learn the hard way that while thinking out of the box might not get you where you dream of being, it serves as a lesson worth remembering on down the trail.

I've been searching for something, and that search has led me down many paths. At one time I knew with all my heart that horticulture was my thing. I studied greenhouses and plant life. Later on, hospice care called my name. I can write well, speak well and take pretty pictures. I can even make a link.

All things good and kind trackback to those who believe and keep the faith. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. You can bet your permalink on that. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals