www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
The Stargazer Lily Festival
This is the one bloom that I anticipate for 11.5 solid months...the stargazer lily. Not only are the colors awesome but the smell is absolutely heavenly. The scent can actually overpower a small room or one with poor ventilation. There's presently one on my piano spreading a pungent aroma that closely resembles a French "house of pleasure". Not that I've ever visited one, mind you;)
stargazer
At one time there were many of them scattered around my yard but only one remains, though it has many blooms. It also makes me a bit sad to see them because it's the last perennial to bloom around my place until the autumn clematis does its' thing in late August. When that happens, I know my birthday's not far away. And cooler weather!


Excellent essays of the "common sense " variety are here and here . We could use more of this kind of dialogue and less finger pointing, name calling and partisan calculation.

Watch out for those roman candles backfiring! ( Your mama said to tell you that ;)
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals