www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
betrayed!!
I am normally a rational thinker...the calm in everybody's storm, including my own. There is a part of me that wants to say to hell with that and believe in magical powers and dreams come true. So, I read my horoscope like I used to read Cinderella. Today was to be the best of the best! Ten out of ten in Love, Work AND Communication. My rising sign lied to me. Go figure that one. I mean gah, Mercury ain't even retrograde or anything. You're fired Virgo ;) Poops needs some glass slipper kinda action. It could be a boot or tennis shoe, mind you. But it needs to be about me.

Does that sound selfish? I suppose it does to some people. Relationships were the topic over at Staircase 365 today, and that kind of math sounds good to me. There have been a few relationships in my life, non-romantic ones, where her 80/20 rule was a two way street. Friends, family and co-workers. My life has been blessed with many people who have loved me and acted silly with me and made me smile and it was all a reciprocal deal. We have cried and talked about peaks and valleys and pain and joy. We have kept the faith together and demanded accountability and even understood the silent eye-rolls. I have never had this kind of relationship in the romantic sense. Ever.

What does that say about me, I wonder? Am I too picky? Surely I could have been hooked up a hundred times by now if only I were just looking for something to fill up that gaping hole in my soul. That's not the case, though. I did that for awhile, and it was quite hollow. Personally, I'd rather be watching Oprah in my jammies or mowin'the yard than playing games with men who get an ego boost from my attention. Being a meet-you-half-way kinda gal, I tend to back off when my admiration is not returned mutually at the 50 yard line. Thrice bitten, very shy I suppose.

I believe in fate. I believe in miracles. And I believe in what my gut tells me even when the odds seem overwhelming. In other words, Poopsie keeps the faith that Prince Charming will drive up in that truck and take her away to the next chapter. Or perhaps meet her halfway down the October Road. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals