www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
one of those days
...that you wish you could frame and keep with you forever. That's how beautiful things were weather wise in my neck of the woods. The sticky thunder and lightning that put me to sleep late last night turned into a humidity-free breezy Thursday that began at 4:30am and only got better as the hours progressed. Even though I stayed up too late and yawned all day, I couldn't wait to hit the road when I got off. The dogs scampered off ahead of me and explored this and that while I took it all in. The sky was a clean and clear blue framing the rich green of the trees and the abundant goldenrod and morning glory. There was a nice breeze...a cool one from the northwest brought plenty of sneezes during the day but felt like a big hug held for a long time after the heat we've endured. I was so looking every which way that I almost walked into the ditch a few times. The trek down the hill is effortless, almost like gliding or skating. Mimosa trees to the right across the lane from the barn are missing their frilly pink poofs these days, but that's okay. The pecan trees are loaded. Their limbs are scattered everywhere thanks to Dennis and Katrina and Rita. Some evening very soon we will gather them up and celebrate the season with an all night bonfire.

This is the view after topping the hill on the way back up. the walk I have walked this path a thousand times before, and the beauty of this welcome home never ceases to make me say "thank you Lord...I am blessed." The upcoming sunset looks kickass. Gotta go catch it in all its' glory from the porch. Later on me and Butterbean will turn in early and snuggle. Four thirty comes mighty early for an old gal.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals