www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
sunday stuff
broke it
Does anybody have a pair of goats for sale cheap? I've decided that's the only way to keep this yard mowed since I can't manage to make one complete round without breaking the riding mower. Oh sure, I can push. But I prefer not to, ya know?

Some of you are already acquainted with the work of the lovely Tamara at Cybervassals . She re-designed my site for me after I won a contest she was running. Well guess what??? She's got another one going, and the competition is fierce. She gave away one to the 500th commenter, persistent TED and has promised the same for commenter number 1000. Free=good...right? Go and see for yourself.

It's almost pecan season around here, and the crop looks good. My lane is lined with pecan trees on both sides and I am a fool for pickin' em up. I guess it goes back to a childhood fondness for Easter egg hunts or some such nonsense. I don't bother with the small wild ones, but the larger thin shelled ones get scooped up and taken to Pennington's for cracking. My favorite thing to do with them is to roast 'em in the oven. Here's the recipe.

4 cups pecan halves
1 stick butter
2T A1 sauce
2T Country Bob's sauce

Melt the butter and add the sauces to it. Mix in the pecans until they're all coated well. Pour onto a large baking sheet and bake at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Salt liberally before and during baking. Spread on paper towels to drain, and salt again.

I've had men ask me to marry them for making these things..unfortunately they all already had wives ;)

Duh huh! Y'all be careful out there. Tomorrow's Monday, ya know.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals