www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
ring out the old
My favorite New Year's memory is when my cousin Debbie and I dressed my little brother up like Baby New Year at my grandmother's house, oversized diaper, banner and all. He was too little to tell us no, but was definitely not amused. We were mean creative like that, using my brother and her little sister sort of like dolls. Her sister was often a princess, complete with a dixie cup crown on her precious head.

Instead of making resolutions that I surely won't keep, I'm more in the mood to count the blessings of 2006 as I see them in my life. To some of you they may seem minor, but as you all know I'm an easy to please low maintenance kinda gal.

********************************

My twenty two year old BabyGirl, after fits and starts, has finally chosen a vocation that I feel suits her personality and will provide opportunities for her to make a real difference in the lives of others that she touches. Social work is a profession that requires a certain amount of "been there lived that" experience to be able to keep the professional detachment needed to not lose yourself while helping others. She has definitely been there, done that. I am so proud of the path she has chosen that I could just bust a gut. And besides, she'll be well trained to take care of me in my old age :)

********************************

After four years of more or less putting out the fires that follow a divorce and allowing myself to heal, I feel like a new person. Still broke, still struggling with not having a partner to lean on, but finally okay with life. I go out more instead of sitting in front of the computer for hours on end because there is comfort in spending time with friends, even if it's just drinkin' a beer and discussing life or singing and dancing and cuttin' up. Life is too short to be spent behind closed doors waiting for SugarDaddy or Prince Charming to show up. Sometimes real fairy tales happen where you least expect them to.

*********************************

Though I post and read b**gs less, I feel a much stronger connection to those who make up that part of my life. A lot of that is due to my visit from Hoss back in the spring. Anyone who has ever doubted whether blog friendships are "real" can surely take heart in the fact that the master b**gger traveled all the way from Oregon to Tennessee just to meet the old Poopster. As a community, we have been there for each other in so many different ways that I cannot express what you all mean to me without getting sappy. *sniff* Love ya....mean it.

*********************************

The people of America finally got off their butts and raised hell on election day in November of this year. 'Nuf said, and amen.

*********************************

My mother survived a near fatal car accident on Easter morning and is able to walk again thanks to her steely determination and some good medical care. She should start physical therapy soon and then we won't be able to keep up with her. I still live in the beautiful old farm house that is one mile, as the crow flies or the cow wanders, from my parents. They are aging gracefully and are in good health. I can only pray to do the same.

*********************************

My baby' Daddy has been in rehab/halfway house for almost a year now after hitting the jail wall. The two of them talk and visit often and are restoring a relationship that was almost lost forever.

*********************************

My middle brother revamped his nightclub and it's lookin' good. There's a big old kitchen in there just begging for a woman's touch and I'm gonna do my best to make a go of it. When I'm not at the day job, that is. Or chasing SugarDaddy.

*********************************

Even though times have been hard, I still have (most of) my teeth, a sense of humor and the ability to see the glass as half full, the majority of the time. I could care less what people think of me as long as I'm true to myself. I have rediscovered parts of me that I thought were buried through the years and those little quirks bring me comfort when it's just me and the dogs and cats like it will be tonight. Watching Dick Clark.

And keepin' the faith.

^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals