www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
nirvana
One more day off. Flannel and beer. Daily Show, Colbert and Grey's Anatomy plus ER if the spirit moves. Steak and pork grilled to perfection. Enough propane left in the tank to produce some warm air on a cold night. BabyGirl safe in bed wrapping up her work/school week. Two loving dogs and numerous cats to keep me company.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Something is bad wrong with an industry that thrives on pickin' someone else's bad day into a million little pieces and using is as headline news. I've written to my local newspaper editor more than once about his nasty habit of putting mug shots on the front page of the daily rag along with all the details of the domestic crisis from the police report. Do we really CARE y'all? I mean pullleeeeze. I've heard of slow news weeks but this is ridiculous. So she had a meltdown and wanted to kick somebody's ass...been there, done that. Somehow I take the poor thang's mental collapse as one more smidgen of proof that the federal government is way too big for all of our own good.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Oprah had these folks on today that were all about "the secret" and sharing it with the world. Their message is simple: Grieve the past and let it go into the history books of your life. Look for the lesson in every hardship that presents itself to you. Embrace who you and others are and celebrate the good things rather than dwelling on the negative. According to them, the universe will return to you twenty-fold the positive energy that your soul emits. Ask. Believe. Receive. Dang, I wish I'd thought of that motto instead of keepin' the faith.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
One of my greatest joys is shit that grows. It's almost asparagus time in Tennessee, and shortly after that comes the annual mulching/planting/pickin' cycle that is growing flowers. If I had a nickel for every annual I bought back in the day before I learned about perennials, I wouldn't even NEED a SugarDaddy. The real beauty of a perennial is that you can dig it up from somebody else's dirt and it will bloom where you plant it. Sometimes :)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I somehow managed to step on my reading glasses the other morning and haven't been able to see much since then. Today I broke down and bought two pair so I'd have a spare to finish this book I've been reading a page at a time at lights out. Set during WWII, it's about a group of people who were in a group photo and what happened to them as the battles raged on.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Some might say that I'm a bit eccentric when it comes to picking up on cosmic signals. There's this one thread in my life that continues to wind its' way through. It all began with Elisabeth Kubler Ross and her book "On Death and Dying." Years ago she started a group home for AIDS patients in a little hole in the wall place called Afton,Virginia. As the cosmos would have it, that is precisely where my brother and his wifey moved to a couple of years ago. From Afton, the journey took me to Missoula, Montana where a group of folks led by Ira Byock studied the social dynamics of death and dying in a rural community. His book "Dying Well" is a journal of sorts where he tells about the lessons in doctoring that he learned from his father's death and what he did with that knowledge. About a month ago, I went to this hokey little EBay seminar at a local hotel where the pitchmeister was from none other than...Um..one guess.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Gotta run. McDreamy is on ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals