www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
miscellaneous rambling
The dawgs are mad at me 'cuz I've been out and about this weekend and haven't given them enough one-on-one time. They are SUCH spoiled creatures, 'specially that new one. Talk about a high maintenance male ...that's Sammy D. As pups will do, he finds something to chew on and most of the time it's either Faith or Butterbean's ear. Thank goodness they're patient with the new kid.

* * * * *

Friday evening found me at the kudzu bar dancing and singing karyokee. Last night was the *?* annual Independece Day celebration out on Highway 104 at the home of my dear friends Keith and Vick. And I danced again....a lot. It was hot and humid and old Poops was drenched in sweat. Good thing I wasn't trying to find a SugarDaddy 'cuz I was a sorry sight. The food was fantabulous and the company was a nice blend of old and new friends. We go so far back that I got to spend the night in the grandbaby's bedroom. Can't beat that with a stick, ya know?
P.S. two nights of dancing = sore feet for an old gal like me.

* * * * *

My brother has put out the white flag for sale sign on his club, which makes me kind of nostalgic. Went down there yesterday and cleared out what was mine from nights in the kitchen cookin' food for people who don't eat. I wouldn't trade anything for the good times we had there listening to live bands. Made a lot of great friends in the process and I now have condiments for life in individual packets. Yay!

* * * * *

The house is a mess...the grass a foot tall due to recent rains. The upside to a drought is that one doesn't have to buy gas for the mowers and can spend it on gettin' to the day job where everybody is nuckin' futs *sigh* The stagazer lilies are blooming right on schedule though, so that's a comfort.

* * * * *

I'm looking forward to the local fireworks on Wednesday. Usually I watch the display from my porch but this year I'm gonna find a good spot where I can ooooohh and ahhhh at the pyrotechnics up close with a can of deep woods OFF by my side. Speaking of pests...I killed a snake in the back yard yesterday and it was typical Poop. The axe and hoe that I fetched to sever the serpent were so dull that they wouldn't even cut through the body so I had to beat the poor thang to death and it wasn't pretty. The only good snake is a dead snake, in my book.

* * * * *

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. Just another day in paradise.

^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals