www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
marvelous monday

The best thing about having to work the weekend is having Monday off on occasion to do productive things sleep like the dead until after ya'll have had lunch. Disclaimer: This doesn't apply to the Pacific Time Zone. Twelve hours is quite enough, thankyouverymuch.

Just came in from the kitchen where I whipped up some homemade chicken tenders and mashed 'taters for the Babygirl. Monday is her longest day going straight from the night job to an all day affair at school an hour away. When I called to tell her what's on the menu, she just said "awwwwww..I've had a terribly bad awful Monday and that'll make it better." Locked her keys in the car and had to get campus security to help her out so she could drive home to eat the feast and rest her body for an hour or two before going BACK to the night job. Thank goodness Thanksgiving break is coming up. Poor thing didn't even realize it until they mentioned it in class today. I've got a lot of respect for that girl.

So..ya'll got your Christmas shopping done yet? *snort* These people who have it all bought and wrapped by Labor Day just crack me up, but I do admire them for planning ahead and all because I am the poster child for not planning ahead on anything. I reckon that comes from flying by the seat of my pants for a lot of years trying to keep the faith and the boat floating. We've had to bail with a bucket on more than one occasion. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger though..right?

I used to cook just to get something out there on the table, but it's pretty much an adventure now that I don't HAVE to do it. If a recipe calls for milk, I use half and half. When there's margarine involved, I substitute real butter. Montreal chicken and steak seasoning and lemon pepper are my best friends. Ditto for olive oil and parmesan. You only live once, says Poops.

The sad thing is that healthy food is expensive so we have a large segment of society living on what's affordable like viennas and ground beef. Fish and fresh vegetables don't fit into the budget of many of America's working class. It's all Dubya's fault if you ask me. I'm just hoping that the Dems will teach a man to fish rather than give him one on his card. We don't need a bit more of that kind of entitlement considering the national debt and my current tax rate as a full time worker. I'm just sayin'.

Ya'll have a Terrific Tuesday. I'll be piled up in the bed with the dawgs until I feel like getting up.

^j^





<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals