www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
down to the nut cuttin'

That's the phrase that my friend Yaya used to describe these last few days before Christmas. I am, of course, thrilled beyond belief to not be out there at a mall fighting crowds. But ya know what? Not ALL the people are there. There were about 8,000 of them in our ER today getting their colds and such looked at since there's no doctor's office time until Wednesday. *sigh* As luck would have it, the ER doc on duty was the one who orders every lab test he can think of on everybody who walks in the door. You got a sore toe? Let's work you up. Rash for six months? Full battery of tests. Just once in my life I'd like to meet a doc who can rule IN instead of rule out.

Speaking of nuts, if you've got pecans lying around lookin' for something to do, here's a tasty easy recipe for roasting them:

Melt 1 stick butter and stir in 2T worcestershire sauce and 2T Country Bob's Sauce ( or A1) Dump in four cups pecans and stir to coat. Bake on a cookie sheet at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring and salting every ten minutes. See? Easy as pie..and addictive as hell. Nobody can eat just one. Or ten, for that matter.

If you're a duck hunter in West Tennessee today, beware of the Ides of December...the wind is blowing at gale force bringing in a cool front. Not a good day to be out in a boat. In the space of a week traveling to and from work I saw deer and wild turkeys and several raccoons moseying around the lane like they owned it. I guess they do, huh?

The dogs are slowly making peace with the new kitten, Lily. I don't know where her crack dealer is hiding out, but I'd like to find his butt and kick it. This cat is wired for sound, especially when Babygirl isn't around. I had forgotten what it was like to have one that can jump like that from pillar to post knocking over everything in its' way. And the places she can find to hide! I have the grates off of my vents because I'm working on the floors ( okay, well I'm THINKING about it ) and she did a smooth escape move down into the vent one day to escape the evil canine that was after her. When I looked over, I saw her little calico head peeping out at floor level to make sure the coast was clear. Priceless.

If ya'll see Santa around anywhere, tell him I've been really really GOOD this year, much to my chagrin ;) Hey..if I got any gooder, I'd be living in the convent.

Merry Ho-Ho to you and yours from me and mine here on Pecan Lane. My wish for you is that you will continue to keep the faith even when it seems like the farthest thing possible from what you think you can do. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals