www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
the big tease
The sun came out and warmed us up to a balmy 50 degrees today here on Pecan Lane. I must say that it was a welcome experience considering the past week of doom and gloom and downright coldness. Lily the cat has never been outside to play so I took her out on the porch for an adventure this afternoon and she loved it. The poor thing went into sensory overload trying to take in all of the new sights and sounds. Of course the canine population insisted on bothering the crap out of her, but that's okay. They'll watch her back when the time comes.

As I was coming home at dusk yesterday, six deer were cuttin' a path across the main road from the winter wheat field back to their home thicket. It never ceases to amaze me seeing nature up close and personal like that. Last week there were turkeys congregated at the end of the lane for a scratch session. I'm looking forward to warm enough temps and long enough daylight to get back into the daily walk routine. Something has been missing in my life, and I do believe that's what is responsible for "the undefined mood" that's been hanging around. Typical cabin fever.

Last weekend's stellar performances at the kudzu karaoke bar were followed by this weekend's total lack of talent. I mean, gah. Can't you people hear yourself screeching already???? I was just flat out embarrassed for the one chick who did "Black Velvet" to the point I didn't recognize it. She's one of the karaoke guy's girlfriends. Go figure. Babygirl and some of her friends came to join us and we left pretty soon after. When the twenty somethings say it's too loud, it's time to go elsewhere. I did manage to get a nice shot of she and Al looking all gorgeous before we left. I'd like to think that her natural beauty comes from me but I can't claim that. I reckon it was a gift from Big Ernie. Ya'll have a good week.

And keep the faith. ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals