www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
cozy
I know...I know. Back in July I promised ya'll I would not bitch one teensy little bit when it turned cold. So far I haven't broken that promise..cross my heart. The winter here on Pecan Lane has progressed gradually and is on average which means January is the cold one. Ditto for February, but I expect a few warm play days as a Valentine just for me. If it's gonna be wet and cold, it might as well snow and be pretty. Dont'cha think?

Back during the holidays I started pitching stuff into my basket by the front door. First there were envelopes containing seeds of my fav flowers from last year. Then BG gave me some work gloves for Christmas and they got used that very day planting the *something* trees. Now they are in the basket on top of the flowers-to-be with a bag of thistle bringing up the rear. Black oil sunflower is wildly popular around these parts at the moment. Thistle? Not so much. The next additions will be my dollar store digging tools and the spring rains.

Anywho..when life gives you cold gray and wet, I say make some soup. Mama gave me this recipe for our cookbook and it sure lives up to the name. Easy as pie. Makes a bunch and freezes well. My neighbor just got out of the hospital from gettin' two stents put in his heart and his wifey cooks for a living. I bet she needs a night off from fat free bagels and fruit.

WONDERFUL CHICKEN SOUP by Pat Turner

1-2 pounds cooked chicken, minced onion
1 package chicken noodle soup starter
10 oz Velveeta
10 oz angel hair pasta

Boil chicken and onion until done and keep broth warm. Cool and chop chicken and return to broth. Add soup mix and cheese and stir until melted. Add broken pasta and cook for 5-8 minutes on low, covered. Remove from heat and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Use a BIG pot. If you have any leftover veggies, throw 'em in.

^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals