www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
...and so it goes
The Vols beat the Tigers in a fist clenching match that epitomized the joys of a great game of roundball. Well done by both teams! I haven't talked to Daddy today, but I'm sure he's pleased. He's an old Vols fan from way back when who hung his head in shame for the entire year that I attended Memphis State. I was granted absolution ONLY when I graduated from UT Memphis the next year.

Seeing as how I'm a great fan of peace and love and rock'n'roll, imagine my chagrin when I discovered that an upcoming Jackson Browne acoustic concert at the Ryman in Nashville was sold out before I ever heard about it. When I did a bit of "drilling down" I stumbled upon this organization that works with artists who are more active in the pursuit of social and environmental change and less about the almighty dollar in their own pockets. How refreshing in this day and age where Ticketmaster calls the shots and hikes up the prices. Yeah..I know. I'm an old hippie and that spirit never dies. Pass the tie dye and let's have a group hug!

I haven't see a single film up for an Academy Award so it would be a waste of time for me to watch the show except for a bonus opportunity to see Jon Stewart. The folks at DirecTV probably think we've got multiple personalities around here when they try to peg our viewing habits. Prime time ain't our cup of tea unless it's The Simpsons or Last Comic Standing. Occasionally there's a brief sojourn to the history and food channels and I must have a regular fix of sexy Mike on Dirty Jobs. I really should get out more.

For those of you in more temperate climates, I ask this...does the sun still shine? We haven't seen it for more than a few hours in what seems like months years. This too shall pass, right???

It's looking like an early to bed night with a side of flannel so I will leave you with words of wisdom from one of my favorite people:

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the
morning, Satan shudders & says..."Oh no....she's awake!!
" Yaya
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals