www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
eat a green thing every day
I got bored with cleaning this evening and decided to broaden my horizons, per se. When in doubt, head to the kitchen. I've never been much on green veggies unless they're disguised with something yummy. That asparagus patch out there is a sublime source of fresh produce but I can't get it down unless the crunch is gone and there's sauce all around it. Maybe if I was on Survivor or Lost and the other menu choice was raw bugs still on foot. Spinach is something that never caught my fancy until my good friend AKC turned me onto a tasty version named after Madeline. It's good, but I found something even better while researching here. Our only modification is to load it up with grated Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Oh.My.Lord.

I get these emails at work from a professional organization that are usually quite boring and technical but today's missive caught my eye because of its' original approach to recruiting potential blood donors. In case you don't realize it, there's still nothing like the real thing..especially when you're bleeding to death or just need a palliative bump to make life a bit easier when you're suffering from a chronic disease.

I picked some buttercups yesterday and plunged their stems into some water with blue food coloring like we used to do back in the day.
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals