www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janipoo. Make your own badge here.
 
grapes of wrath

Harvest season continues down on the farm. Daddy has some grapevines on his barbed wire fences down at the house so I took advantage of a day off yesterday to go pick them and pass 'em on to those who are industrious enough to make jelly. Which definitely ain't me, by the way. Half went to Mozella, the unofficial "mayor" of our community and the other half to my friend Liz who would make jelly out of cottonwood leaves if she thought somebody would eat it. I wish I had one tenth of her energy, stamina and can-do attitude. She will also be making applesauce from some of the granny smiths. Ain't nothing like free range produce.

The BG is sick as a dog what with her immune system being all depleted from burning the candle at both ends and in the middle for two years straight. She's loaded up with NyQuil and antibiotics with her head under the quilt. My contribution is a gallon of ice cream....yep, it's a mother thing, which is what we all need when we're ailing. Feed a cold and all that. One time when she was down her request was for homemade chicken noodle soup, which I promptly whipped up from scratch. She said nothing ever tasted better.

There is a local photography contest going on in the 'burg and the September focus is on flowers. I don't have a clue which of mine I will enter, and I'd like to ask for some reader participation in choosing one. Many of them are on Flickr and I'll be uploading more into a separate album. If you have time drop by and let me know what your favorite is and why. If I win something, I'll split the prize ;)

It's almost county fair time here....it begins on Labor Day. I haven't attended the fair since BG got old enough to NOT want to go ride the tilt-a-whirl but for many it's the highlight of the year. I'm thinking I may need to venture out this time to see all the cool stuff and the locals. I bet Sugardaddy will be right there admiring the antiques or pickled beets when I saunter up.

If you're anywhere in the vicinity of Hardin County Kentucky and you like blues, check this out. All I can say is that I *heart* Lew Jetton and 61 South and some upstart on MySpace keeps buying them out from under me which really pisses me off.

We still hear the pitter patter of little kitty feet on the (dirty) floors because, frankly, I just haven't gotten up the gumption to take those sweet babies to the shelter to die. They're getting daily porch time now and gettin' used to the outdoors and litter box. Butterbean hasn't tried to eat one lately, so it's all good for now. They sleep with Faith here and there and generally enjoy life at Casa Poops.

Oh yeah...how could I miss out on mentioning feetsball! I know a lot of ya'll have been anticipating the start of the season since the last kick of 07. Bring it on, I say. My quarterback won't get sacked near as many times as yours will. Maybe that will get Daddy's attention off of Law and Order and Gunsmoke for a few months.

It's August 12th, and it's not hot. Let's hear it for Big Ernie ^j^
<
Powered by Blogger
Design by CyberVassals